Friday, May 11, 2012

Yum Yum - cous cous recipe

My lovely fresh coriander didn't last long. Hadn't been shopping so had to do a search of the store cupboard to see what was available. As I had only cooked Couscous once before I was amazed at how well this all turned out. Unfortunately, the finished product was gobbled up before I had a chance to take a photo - will try and upload one when I repeat this dish.

Servings: 2 people 
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 5mins

Full chilli ( small red - depends on how much heat you like)
an inch of grated ginger
2 shallots
2 small garlic cloves

Peas
Couscous
Chopped coriander
Squeeze of fresh lime juice

First 4 fried off together - then cook peas - couscous for last minute
Empty lot into a bowl - add chopped coriander and squeeze of lime over the top fluffing the whole lot together with a fork

You can easily add whatever meat you like on the side.We had some pork steak that I marinated with a mix of 1ts of soy sauce, 1tbs of balsamic vinegar, about 3 tbs of ketchup, 2tbs of brown sugar - all mixed together and over trimmed 1/2inch cuts of pork steak. That was then put in the oven for about 30mins on 180C. Melt in the mouth! Yum Yum!!

This was a really quick meal to put together, definitely on of my better experiments from the store cupboard!

Although a coriander was hurt in the making of this dish, I have more coming along from seed as I had planted a few sowings of it a few weeks apart. I have also done this with the basil - but the basil is nowhere near eating stage ( think it would like a lot more sunshine than we have gotten in Ireland so far this year!).

I would love to hear what other people thought of this recipe when they try it! Or any feedback for improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment